Medical negligence compensation: how it works
UK Healthcare services consistently rank among the best in the world – but from time to time, things do go wrong.
Launching a medical negligence claim
- Getting hold of your existing health records
- Arranging appointments with medical experts
- Using these medical assessments to assess the value of your claim
- Calculating your loss of earnings
- Making sure you’re compensated for any care and rehabilitation you might need
During the course of your claim, you’ll be able to call us whenever you want for updates on your case and we’ll be on hand to answer any questions you might have regarding access to treatment, provision of social services and claiming state benefits.
What kind of injuries are covered?
- Faulty prescriptions – injuries suffered as a result of taking unnecessary or unsuitable drugs
- Hospital infection claims – this covers illnesses such as MRSA
- Birth-related injuries – examples include uterine rupture and placental abruption
- Surgical errors – making sure equipment was working properly and proper consent obtained before treatment
- Failed diagnoses or misdiagnoses – this is where medical experts examine what difference a correct diagnosis might have made.
If you’ve been affected by these or any other lapse of medical care and need some honest, unbiased advice on whether to make a claim, call our experienced legal team on 0208 693 0900. It’ll cost you nothing to find out if you have a claim – and it could change your life for the better.
For more information about how our legal services work
for for a free no-obligation discussion with one of our solicitors
you can fill in the enquiry form below and we’ll call you back at a time to suit