Practical advice on family, divorce and separation
Austen Jones Solicitors offer a full range of family law and divorce services to clients across the UK. So, whatever your situation, whether you’re going through a separation, concerned about your children’s welfare or maybe starting out with a new partner, our family department will provide you with a clear explanation of the courses of action available to you and the support you’ll need to get back on your feet again.
Divorce and separation
When parents separate, disputes often arise over the amount of time children spend with each parent – the length of visits and the frequency of overnight stays, for example. It’s a highly emotive subject, often leading to a total breakdown in communication – and that’s where we come in. Our solicitors can help you:
- Agree contact arrangements with your ex-partner
- Resolve issues over holiday plans
- Help out in disputes regarding the child’s upbringing such as what name they adopt and where they go to school
Pre and post-nuptial agreements
- How much each of you contributes towards rent or mortgage
- The division of household bills
- What happens if you sell your property
- How bank accounts and debts will be dealt with if you separate
While not legally binding, courts will now take such agreements into consideration when deciding how assets should be split following a divorce or separation.
For more information about how our legal services work
for for a free no-obligation discussion with one of our solicitors
you can fill in the enquiry form below and we’ll call you back at a time to suit